If you are having problems with Microsoft Excel blank when opening a file in Windows 10, don’t worry, you can fix it yourself easily.
How to Fix Microsoft Excel Blank When Opening a File in Windows 10
Just follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Explorer and search for a file with the extension .xls or .xlsx that has been created.
- Right-click the file and select the Properties menu.
- In the Properties dialog box, look for the Opens with section and click the Change button on the right.
- The Change dialog box should display several applications that might support opening the Excel file. And of them there are 2 (two) Microsoft Excel icons with different background colors. The first Microsoft Excel with a bright green background and the other with a dark green background.
- You choose Microsoft Excel with a dark green background icon and then press the Apply and OK buttons.
Furthermore, please you try to open files that have changed.
If you apply the above method in files with the .xls extension, the effect will affect all files with the .xls extension on your computer.
But for files with the extension .xlsx or other extensions supported by Microsoft Excel will not be affected. You need to apply the method above for each file extension.
So, you need to apply the method above for each file type supported by Microsoft Excel. Keep in mind, this method is for each file type and not for each file with the same type.
Please try first, if you experience difficulties please contact us or write in the comments column.